How we collect this information:
- When you sign up for a TransactWorld account.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- Contact our customer support team.
- Use any of our services.
Information You Provide to Us:
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit TransactWorld, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide, admninster, and communicate with you about information, products, or promotions of TransactWorld, and services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- Process your payment transactions (including authorization, clearing, chargebacks and other related dispute resolution activities);
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- To target advertisements, newsletter and service updates;
- As necessary to establish, exercise and defend legal rights;
- As may be required by applicable laws and regulations, including for compliance with Know Your Customers and risk assessment, Anti-Money Laundering, anti-corruption and sanctions screening requirements, or as requested by any judicial process, law enforcement or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over TransactWorld;
- To use data analytics to improve our Website, products or services, user experiences and to optimize service.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To verify your identity and fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose for which we will provide specific notice at the time of collection with your consent.
As a principle, we do not collect any special categories of personal information. If we do collect special categories of personal information, we will ensure compliance with applicable law.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To our partner bank(s) in order to comply with laws and regulations governing banking data.
- To the partner brand on behalf of which we are providing services to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TransactWorld, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Data security and Retention
The security of your personal information is important to TransactWorld. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical controls designed to protect the personal information you provide, or we collect against loss or theft, as well as against any unauthorized access, risk of loss, disclosure, copying, misuse or modification.
Other security measures include but not limited to, secure servers, firewall, data encryption and granting access only to employees in order to fulfil their job responsibilities.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we make efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Furthermore, we will only retain personal information on our servers for as long as is reasonably necessary as long as we are providing Services to you. Where you close your Account, your information is stored on our servers to the extent necessary to comply with regulatory obligations and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. Where we retain your Personal Information, we do so in compliance with limitation periods under the applicable law.
We may process your Personal Information in order to contact you or send you marketing content and communication about our products, services or surveys. You may exercise your right to either object to receiving such contact from us or opt out from the marketing content after agreeing to receive same. Please note however that if you opt-out of marketing content, you may still receive messages from us relating to transactions and our services related to our ongoing business engagement.
We may ask you for permission to send notifications to you. Our Services will still work if you do not grant us consent to send you notifications.
Data Protection Rights and Choices of Users
Based on your location and applicable laws, please fid below the rights you have as a user in relation to your personal information:
- Right to be informed.
- Right to request access or copies to your personal information by signing into your Account or contacting us.
- Right to request that TransactWorld erase your personal information. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information. Please note that this is a limited right which applies where the data is no longer required, or the processing has no legal justification. The exceptions to this right is where the applicable law requires TransactWorld to retain a historical archive or where we retain a core set of your personal information to ensure we do not inadvertently contact you in future where you object to your data being used for marketing purposes.
- Right to correct or rectify any personal information that you provide which may be incorrect, out of date or inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal information for marketing purposes. You have a right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes by adjusting your notification preference on the settings page or by opting out via the unsubscribe link in marketing emails we send you.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Please note that where you object to us processing your Personal Information, we might be unable to provide the services to you.
The basis of we processing your personal information is your consent. You also have the choice at any time to withdraw consent which you have provided.
You also have a choice to deactivate your account at any time. You may contact us should you wish to de-activate your account at any time or exercise your rights as seen above by sending us an e mail at email@example.com.
Where we are unsure of your identity, we might ask you for proof of your identity for security reasons before dealing your request.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this website or through any of its features, register on the website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Data Transfers
Where Personal Information is to be transferred to a country outside Nigeria, TransactWorld shall endeavor to put adequate measures in place to ensure the security of such personal information and to ensure same is done securely and in accordance with the Nigeria Data Protection Act 2023 and all applicable data protection regulations in force in the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Training Programs and Initiatives
TransactWorld makes it a point of duty to ensure that its employees whose job description involve the collection, accessing and processing of personal information receive adequate data privacy and protection training in order to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence required to effectively manage the compliance framework under this policy document and the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation Act, 2023(NDPA) with regard to the protection of personal information. On an annual basis, TransactWorld shall continually develop capacity building plans for its employees on data privacy and protection in line with the NDPA and all other applicable regulations on the above subject matter.
Data Protection Officer
TransactWorld has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) responsible for overseeing the Company's data protection strategy and its implementation to ensure compliance with the NDPA requirements. The DPO is knowledgeable on data privacy and protection principles and is familiar with the provisions of the NDPA and all other regulations on the above subject matter.
Data Protection Audit
1. TransactWorld shall conduct an annual data protection audit through a licensed Data Protection Compliance Organization (DPCOs) to verify its compliance with the provisions of the NDPA and other applicable data protection laws.
2. The audit report will be certified and filed by the DPCO to the National Data Protection Commission (The “Commission”), as required under the NDPA.
Dispute Resolutions and Filing a Compliant